Originally posted on FRS FreeStates on WordPress:
This was right before President Jimmy Carter gave his famous foreign policy and human rights speech at Notre Dame in the spring of 1977. The first United States President to ever at least during the Cold War to make human rights a centerpiece of his foreign policy. A true liberal…
Kylie Minogue Can’t Get You Out Of My Head HD
Catch up with me on Twitter
Choreography by Ophelia Vilarova with TV German Ballet - Deutsches Fernsehballett
Solo Dancers: Christina Kochmann, Alexandra Peytcheva, Daniela Reinecke
"To be relevant, you have to be an outsider.” - Joan Rivers
Let’s “Draw” Our Attention Towards Fall
Because After All, It’s Fashion’s Favorite Season
With New York Fashion Week in full swing, that means fall is just around the corner. The season of boots, layering, leather !!, and warm colors is upon us so there’s no better time than the present to start looking for some inspiration. This season, American express is launching a special campaign to bring to life fall style and fashion inspiration through a series of fashion sketches by the talented artist, Katie Rodgers of Paper Fashion. As a fashion “freak” myself, I was more than happy to participate and share some fall fashion inspiration. Above you’ll see how Katie turned one of my favorite fall outfits into a one-of-a-kind sketch that illustrates just a few of my favorite tips for fall styling.
- Layer! Layer! Layer! Now’s the time to pile it all on - a button down under a sweater under a jacket under a scarf! Adding layers allows you to add interest to your outfit, not to mention keep you warm.
- Mix Those Prints Pattern mixing is one of my favorite ways to make a bold statement with an outfit. Though it can be tricky, choosing prints in different scales but with some common colors keeps your ensemble from looking too busy while still turning heads.
- Differentiate With Texture Because of the cooler temps, fall is perfect for experimenting with different textures. Incorporate warmer fabrics like corduroy, wool, and tweed with denim and flannel to add some depth and dimension to your look.
Below you can see my original outfit that inspired Katie’s sketch. To see more more fashion sketches like this from Katie (@paperfashion) be sure to follow @americanexpress and the #AmexFashion hashtag on Instagram this week.
Happy Fall Wardrobe Building everyone!
Disclosure: This content is sponsored by American Express.
Oh No! Not NOW!
Kylie Minogue, ‘Can’t Get You Out Of My Head’
Welcome to this edition of ‘Oh No!’ where my strident affection for ‘Our Lady of the Disco’ Kylie Minogue comes in.
See, as an Australian I get deported if I say anything bad about ‘Our Kylie’. Luckily however, I fucking love this clip. It’s genuinely one of my favourite ever pop videos. The dancing! The costuming! All the hair styles!
I have three favourite parts of this song’s film clip.
1. The whole part of the dance sequence in the motorsport styled outfits. I know I’m cheating, but my god I love that bit.
2. In the 2nd dance sequence with the draping white dress thing. The dance part where the dancers and Kylie are transitioning back in an Egyptian slide.
3. In the part with the dress that looks like it’s made out of stupidly expensive duct tape. Where Kylie is using her hands to ‘blink’ and then moves her hips to transition to a different pose.
Seriously, every transition movement in this film clip is genius. I’m going to go watch it again.